Applications: Bakery products; Dairy products; Frozen desserts; Ice cream; Pudding; Sorbet; Smoothies; Yogurt
- Sugar-like taste in combination with intense sweetener
- Excellent heat and acid stability
- Improved shelf life
- Great water activity management
- Enhanced bulk and body
- Optimal freezing point depression
- Does not raise blood glucose or insulin levels
When compared to sucrose in baking, Sweet & Friendly Co. erythritol exhibits different melting behavior, a more compact dough, fewer color formations, better moisture control and softer baked products.
In addition, the use of erythritol as a bulking agent can support sugar replacement strategies and allow for lower calorie profiles in many dairy products and frozen desserts.